I’ve made several changes to freepost, and I’m sorry for any problem that you might experience while I complete the update.
Before re-writing freepost I considered many different alternatives, such as using GNU Social or even P2P networks like GNUnet. Unfortunately none of them seems to be a good fit for freepost, so I decided to fix the issues with the old version. In general, I’ve worked toward simplifying the website. The most important changes have been the removal of communities (they didn’t work out very well, as most people only posted to 3-4 communities at most), and the addition of Markdown support. The old WYSIWYG editor produced HTML content that I stored directly into the database, and I’ve now converted all posts and comments from HTML to Markdown. Unfortunately the result isn’t perfect, and some links might have been broken in the process. I apologize for this issue, but I don’t know any better how to improve the conversion.
I hope you guys like the new freepost, I’m still working to fix minor glitches.